The Four Keys to Effective First-Line Leadership
October 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM (ET)
Have you heard the phrase, “What got you here, won’t get you there?”
This is particularly true for new first-line leaders. The transition to manager is among the most difficult leadership transitions. The technical skills and knowledge that have brought them success will now account for only 15% of their ability to make an impact. The other 85%? This accounts for the manager’s people skills and knowledge. This shift from technical expertise to people management requires a very different way of thinking.
Join us for this TrainingIndustry.com webinar, sponsored by The Forum Corporation, as we identify the key skills for first-line leaders. Some fundamentals remain, while other key skills have emerged as particularly important in today’s uncertain environment. Whether you are developing first-line leaders, or you are in the midst of an individual transition yourself, this webinar will equip you with actionable tips and proven strategies that can be applied right away.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The four critical things first-line leaders need to do well
- The impact that first-line leaders can have on your business
- Several models, frameworks, and tactics to create a highly functioning team
- The barriers that often prevent first-line leaders from truly “thinking like a leader”
- The innovative ways one leading practitioner is approaching first-line leader development.
Register today for this free, one-hour webinar.
This TrainingIndustry.com webinar program meets the requirements for 1 CPT points to re-certify as a Certificated Performance Technologist (CPT) through the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI). For more information on the CPT program, visit www.ispi.org/cpt.
- PC-Based Attendees Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server
- Macintosh®-Based Attendees Required: Mac OS® X 10.3.9 (Panther®) or newer